Hello lovely readers,
This tag is created by TheBookJazz which you can view the video here.
I was watching numerous BookTubers lately, and this is the one tag that caught my attention and thought of doing the tag but with my blog instead of a video – by no means am I the first one to have made a blog post with this tag, there are numerous book bloggers who have done the tag as well.
In this tag, you are supposed to answer a number of questions that concerns your reading habits. I thought this is a brilliant tag to do – so here I am writing a blog post about it.
- Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
- Bookmark or random piece of paper?
- Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
- Do you eat or drink while reading?
- Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
- One book at a time or several at once?
- Reading at home or everywhere?
- Reading out loud or silently in your head?
- Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
- Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
- Do you write in your books?
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I don’t really have a particular spot at home dedicated just for my reading – in fat I am the type of person who can just read about anywhere, and in any kind of position. However, I do often read in bed or in the lounge – often by the window, because there is nothing better than natural lighting when you’re reading a book.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Random pieces of paper wins over bookmarks – although I have a handful of bookmarks at my disposal, I often find myself using random pieces of paper as a bookmark: receipts, bus or train tickets and a leaf from a notebook. But I am trying to use bookmarks more lately – because it just makes life that bit easier.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
Nope, can’t stop reading. If I have to stop reading, I must finish the chapter. However, if I had to do something urgent and I just have to stop reading right then and there, I will have to finish the page I am on.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I don’t do anything while I’m reading, apart from reading. Once I sat down with a book and started reading, I will not be doing anything else for a long time.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
I tend to have the TV on while I am reading, I have to have background noise while I am reading – but I don’t like having music on (like the ones with music) because I get distracted and end up looking up the lyrics to the songs instead, so if I do have music on it’s often classical music.
6. One book at the time or several times at once?
One book at the time, otherwise I will end up not finishing any of them – or I will lose interest in one of the books and it won’t be picked up ever again.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. I will read everywhere and anywhere – especially when I don’t want people to talk to me, or to avoid awkward eye contact with people while on the bus. I always have a book on my person because you never know when you have to avoid speaking to people whom you do not want to speak to. But seriously, I just like reading and it’s a hobby of sorts.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
I read silently in my head, but sometimes I do read out loud – when I am on my own.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
There were instances when I have had read the endings of some books, and there were also times when I have skipped pages – when it comes to books that I find slow, but will re-read skipped pages if I realise that I have missed a vital piece of information.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Keeping it like new, it looks very aesthetically pleasing once you’ve finished reading the book and display it on your bookshelves. But there are books that I am willing to break the spine for, especially if they are books that I like – because sometimes it reminds me how much I truly have enjoyed this novel.
11. Do you write in your books?
No, not unless this particular book is for educational purposes and are reference books then I will write on them.
Well that is all for today, I hope you all have had a lovely day – and if you’re interested, then please go on ahead and answer the questions too!