Here are the rules:
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
How nielle-reads-books began:
It wasn’t always a book blog. This blog actually started as a blog of random things, it was like a journal. In fact, I planned on making it a study blog where I was going to upload a bunch of my revision materials and the likes to help those poor souls who are doing A-Levels at the time.
However, I found myself not really dedicating anytime at all to write any content that related to studying at all. In fact, all I did was write my thought down, and/or replying to daily blog prompts. That’s how it began. So, if you really scrolled to the beginnings of my blog, you will find that there’s a mixture of things uploaded on here. But, now it is simply blog where I talk about books!
It was summer last year, when I finally decided that I will dedicate this blog to all bookish goodness out there. And here I am almost a year after still a book blog!
Advice from yours truly:
- I think one of the most important thing to remember when starting out a blog is ensuring that your words are yours, write how you truly feel and what you truly think about things. Do not write your content aiming to please everyone. Understand that you are your own person, and you don’t have to follow the crowd – otherwise, how will you ever stand out? Don’t be afraid to voice out your opinions, especially if you are a book blogger like myself – writing honest reviews are important, not only will it give the author some constructive criticism, but will also give your readers an idea of what you think about the book.
- Don’t be afraid to talk to other members of the blogosphere, because they are open and friendly, trust me, I know. It also helps reading their contents, to get a feel of how you can structure your own posts, and be inspired! The blogosphere is full of inspirational people and contents! Go out there and explore!
Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award
- Bookish Blurbs
- Heartscent Reads
- Lobke’s Land of Literature
- Page Chronicles
- Cozy Bear Book Review
- Amidst the Pages
- Poppy’s Best of Books
- Kzaye’s book life
- Twenty Something Pages
- Heart Via Pages