There are books that you have read that you wonder whether people will create an adaptation for it.
Often times, in the recent years I have not been so keen in watching film adaptations of novels that I have read. The only ones I have managed to actually like were the following:
- Harry Potter
- The Lord of The Rings Trilogy
- The Hobbit (although I have my reservations with the film adaptation, I still quite liked it)
- The Fault In Our Stars
- Perks of Being a Wallflower
- and others…
Whilst other adaptations of books I have read, I just simply have not bothered watching – I have been avoiding watching the following The Hunger Games films after the first one came out. I have not seen Paper Towns, and with It’s Kind of A Funny Story, I literally stopped watching the film after a couple of minutes in. So, you could say that I am quite the pessimist when it came to film adaptations.
Never you mind, I still dream about perfect book adaptations of certain books, and that is what I am supposed to be talking about in the first place. Therefore the following novels are the ones that I want to see to be adapted into films in the future!
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Every Day by David Levithan – wouldn’t it be interesting to see how producers and directors are going to pull this stunt of hiring quite a number of actors to play A, since he wakes up in a different body every day. I think that would be an incredible feat! Like who would play which identity, and how well the actors are going to catch the personality of the characters within the book.
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu – Okay, I know that there’s already a lot of dystopian YA novels made into films – but I would actually like to see this trilogy into live action.