I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to blogging, because I still have lot to learn. But that’s not what I am writing about, I’m sharing with you guys the space where I like to write!
Normally, I would write down all of my ideas down on my little black notebook! Here I will write rough drafts of what I will be posting and that has become a habit now. Then, I would type it all up on my laptop, directly on to wordpress, making sure to proof read it afterwards!
It’s all about the space!
Now I don’t have any special place where I can write down all of my ideas. I could probably write anywhere anytime, so long as I have something in mind or am inspired to write, then I do it.
However, I do have a work table, and I spend most of my time at home there – it isn’t exactly in a really quiet place in the house – actually it’s in the busiest place possible – the lounge, and therefore I suppose my ideal place to write would be where there is sound, I have to have a little bit of a background noise when I am working, otherwise I feel like I’m in an exam hall for some reason. That makes me shiver just thinking about exams!
The perks of having my ‘work station’ in the lounge is that, I get a nice view of the outside world – since my table is near the window/door to the veranda(or balcony), and I get distracted by the sky or my neighbours gardens haha! *sweat drops*
Then, there are times when I am in school where phones are prohibited and wordpress is blocked from the school computers – I go old school and write down all of my ideas and rough drafts on my little black notebook! Teachers even come up to me and tell me how diligent I am with studying, making notes and such – little do they know I am actually writing down notes for my next blog entry muwahahahah*cough*
Or when I’m on the bus, I use my phone – specifically the OneNote app – since it’s synced to my computer – then all I have to do is proofread it copy and paste! all done!
To be honest, I can just write wherever I am and it wouldn’t make a difference I think, as long as I am inspired or dedicated I will be able to write where I am standing there and then.
Writing habits and supplies
Hmmm, let me think for a moment – I think one of my writing habits is that, I tend to write the way how I would speak to a person, quite informal but can be formal when the time calls for it. I tend to write things down on post-it notes and use those as ideas for the blog post – or what I can add to a post or something… normally I just jot down what’s on my mind! Especially when I am on the zone of writing, I just go asdfghjkl and word vomit everywhere. Hence, the ramblings and repetitiveness of my points and whatnot.
As for supplies:
- I have a black notebook – which I purchased from Asda for £3 (or was it £4? IDK) where like I said earlier, just jot my thought down or write my first rough drafts in.
- Post it notes – because what is a stationery set without them, but anyway – they’re just handy when you suddenly have an idea pop out of your pretty little head and you just have to remember it!
- a ball-point pen, a writing utensil – I wish I had a quill though, that would be really cool. None of those fake quill pens with a ballpoint pen stuck at the end of the feather, I want the authentic one, the one where you constantly dip the nib in to the ink pot! I need to find me one of those!
- A laptop – the essential medium for writing in the modern world in order for your word to get across the continents and for the lovely readers to read 😘
- WordPress app on your phone – just in case you really want to post something but your laptop just died and you’re on the go!
- Phone – don’t care if it’s an iOS of and Android so long as you can use it to take pictures and take notes on! Operating Systems are not important!
- Food and Drinks – because you always need energy boost no matter what you are doing… I am currently having a brioche with soft cheese spread and ham – it’s basically a sandwich but with a brioche!
And I think that’s all I have, not very structured post – but like I said, I kind of tend to ramble on and on and not realize how much I have written, but I kind of like sharing my ramblings so here it is! (along with a poll teehee)